Wednesday, September 2, 2009
My book picks!
Today, while I was in the library, the children's librarian approached me and asked if I would mind giving my book pick selections to be displayed in the young adult section of the library.
Let me see...Young adult books are my absolute favorite things in the world and now I get to share my favorites with the local YAs? Squee!
So here's where I need your help. I composed two lists for September and October, my only problem is I have a tendency to lean toward the female protag paranormal, well, for obvious reasons. :) So I would love your suggestions and additions to my lists!
September - The YA Must Reads (no particular order)
1. GRACELING - Kristin Cashore
2. HUNGER GAMES - Suzanne Collins
3. UGLIES - Scott Westerfield
4. WICKED LOVELY - Melissa Marr
5. TWILIGHT - Stephanie Meyer
6. BEASTLY - Alex Flinn
7. 13 REASONS WHY - Jay Ashers
8. WAKE - Lisa McMann
9. I'D TELL YOU I LOVE YOU BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU - Ally Carter
10. THE PRINCESS DIARIES - Meg Cabot
October - Spine Tingling Tales (no particular order)
1. THE HOLLOW - Jessica Verday
2. SWOON - Nina Malkin
3. BAD GIRLS DON'T DIE - Katie Alenders
4. A CERTAIN SLANT OF LIGHT - Laura Whitcomb
5. THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH - Carrie Ryan
6. SHADOWED SUMMER - Saundra Mitchell (I haven't read this one yet, but it's on my list)
7. STRANGE ANGELS - Lili St. Crow
8. PROPHECY OF THE SISTERS - Margaret Stohl
Also, I was invited to give my suggestions for future YA book purchases. Automatically I thought of:
THE HOLLOW by Jessica Verday
ASH by Melinda Lo
HATE LIST by Jennifer Brown.
What I'd like to know is: What upcoming YA books are you dying to read?
Please help me out by commenting!!!